We regularly advise our clients on a range of Corporations Act matters including directors duties, constitutions, capital issuance and structures, and winding up.
We have advised many clients on mergers and the acquisition and disposal of business assets, including purchase and sale agreements and statutory mergers.
Mergers and acquisitions
Our lawyers have acted on numerous mergers of Authorised Deposit Taking Institutions (ADIs), including transfers of engagements and schemes of arrangement. We’ve also advised on the purchase or sale of credit card companies, hotel chains, commercial properties, industrial businesses, and media and pharma companies, both in Australia and internationally.
In addition, we can undertake discrete roles on M&A transactions, such as specialist due diligence on regulatory matters, and representation of boards of directors.
Langes+ lawyers have established securitisation programs and acted for clients on IPO’s, stock exchange listings in Australia and the US, capital and dividend options, and private placements.
General corporate and commercial
We advise clients on matters such as tenders, establishment of Australian operations, joint ventures, corporate restructures, and outsourcing.
We advise on:
- incorporation of public and private companies;
- shareholder agreements;
- constitution changes;
- directors' liabilities and duties;
- meeting procedures;
- merger and takeover issues.
Corporate governance resources
- ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (2nd ed 2007)
- Corporations Act 2001
- Corporations Regulations
- HIH Royal Commission Report
- IFSA Blue Book
- OECD Principles of Corporate Governance: 2004
- AS 8000-2003 : Corporate governance - Good governance principles
- Australian Council of Super Investors Corporate Governance Guidelines
- OECD Guidelines for State-Owned Enterprises
- CLERP 9 Act
- Simpler Regulatory System Act 2007