Langes+ Training offers practical training focussing on essential compliance issues.
We can either attend your offices anywhere in Australia or set up a program at an off-site facility.
We also offer easy to use fixed price products.
CPD and Responsible Manager seminars
These seminars for financial services providers cover current hot topics and a general update on things you must get right. The seminars cover all the ‘must-know’ rules and traps for each topic. Our next public seminars will be in September 2013 (more information). Talk to your local Langes partner about being added to our mailing list. Or ask about having your own in-house seminar.
Areas of law include:
- Banking, consumer credit and financial services law
- Corporations law
- Compliance law
- Marketing law
- Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Privacy law
- Trade practices and consumer protection law
- Workplace relations law
It is a condition of Australian Financial Services licences and Australian Credit licences that a licensee’s responsible managers keep up-to-date with credit industry and regulatory developments by undertaking continuing professional development (CPD).
Langes has developed a complete web-based CPD solution for credit and financial services licensee responsible managers by providing activities that can be used flexibly, anytime, anywhere.
And our service comes with a Learning Management Systenm which provides training records.
You can use all or part of our resources to make up your 20 CPD hours a calendar year for your credit licence requirement and, if you are a dual licensee, at the same time get credit towards your AFS licence CPD.
If your organisation is also APRA-regulated your senior managers need to satisfy the fit and proper requirements of APRA under prudential standard APS 520. Our tools can help you do this.
And as you do not need to leave your office, you can focus on your business when you are needed.
Users have access to:
- New legislation and case alerts accessible online or delivered by email;
- Responsible Managers' Manual (download sample);
- Videos, podcasts, quizzes and other training material we develop;
- Information on product and industry developments related to credit and financial services;
- Face to face compliance training, both structured and unstructured.
The quizzes provide feedback and scores to help you learn.
The videos are brief and practical.
The audio podcasts can be downloaded and replayed on your smartphone or other mobile device.
The benefit is that each of these components have their own CPD values and can be completed at your own pace.
We back them up with specialised advice when you need it, compliance reviews and regular face to face seminars.
By having a selection of CPD rated tasks and a set policy, you do not have to find seminars that may not suit your needs at times you can least afford to be out of your office.
Through maintaining your knowledge and skills you maintain the organisation’s competency as a licensee.
Examples of our training programs include:
- Advertising workshop for compliance and marketing staff
- Education packages for new board members, management or front-line staff
- Risk management
- Responsible officer training
- Effective AGM's and Board Meetings
- Designing a product development system
- Policy Development
- Compliance officer training
- Designing compliance systems
- Auditing compliance systems
- Corporate Governance Update
- Financial Services Regulatory update (Privacy, Credit Code, FSR)
- Trade Practices Compliance training
- Ecommerce regulation and IT governance